Exacta has earned its position in the market thanks to the skills and talents of the people who work for us. We are always on the lookout for the very best and want to hear from you.
Working at Exacta
Exacta Technologies cares about its employees. Since 2001 we have developed a culture of going out of our way to treat staff with the utmost respect, enabling employees to grow and innovate.
Humour and fun are part of our culture. It's important to us that people enjoy what they do and trust one another. Around 70% of our staff have been employed for over 10 years - a testament that speaks for itself.
Computer Quality Control Engineer
Emersons Green, Bristol
Salary: £16,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year
Job title: Computer (QC) Engineer
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Exacta Technologies is a dynamic and rapidly growing business, that is fast establishing itself as a force to be reckoned with in the computer industry. We have just moved to our brand new state of the art manufacturing facility, in Emersons Green, Bristol.
As part of our growth strategy, we’re looking for a bright, computer quality control engineer to join our team. You’ll have a keen interest in IT and computing and be determined to make a career for yourself. It’s an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to a growing business and make the role your own.
Working as part of the production team you will be responsible for performing quality control on the assembly of new products, testing hardware, installing, configuring and testing customer specific software and carrying out repairs of returned products.
Exacta Technologies has a wide customer base, with products in the CCTV, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Network Emulation and High Frequency Trading sectors, to name a few. Every day is different and presents new challenges, as a Computer Engineer you will innovate to solve problems not just report them.
Computer Engineers are key members of the delivery team, ensuring Exacta continue to deliver product of the very highest standard to increasingly varied customer base. You will be in a position to influence change as the company continues to grow and expand its reach.
• Quality control on new products
• Safety testing
• Hardware testing
• Software imaging and installation
• Software configuration and testing
• Maintain and update production documentation
• Repair returned units
• Liaising with customers
• A good understanding of the full range of computer hardware and technology
• Experienced in the hardware industry
• Articulate with strong communication skills; written and verbal
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Motivated with an ability to take the initiative
• The ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities
• A positive proactive attitude
• Understanding of overclocking principles
• Linux experience